Madison asked in TravelAir Travel · 4 weeks ago

Will  glasses that have a camera in them go through a metal detector at JFK airport?

I am studying abroad and going to France I bought these glasses that have cameras in them which I thought would be cool when I want to video different sites. I am flying from New York but I’m obviously going to take the glasses off and put them in the bin before going through the metal detector at the JFK airport. I’ve never been to an airport so that’s why am asking if I put these glasses in the bin will they except it or throw it out like you know how you cant bring perfume bottles etc, I’m just wondering if these glasses will be acceptable? 

Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Either place it in a bin or stow it in your carry-on baggage prior to submitting through x-ray. This item can be brought as carry-on. 

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/what...

Source(s): Work part-time as a TSA officer
    • Login to reply the answers
  • In
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

They will most likely trigger the metal detector so just put them in the tote with your items going through the scanner to save yourself and everyone else time. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

you seem to be obsessed with glasses with a camera in them. 

• 3 weeks ago

TSA does not care if your glasses contain a camera. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

How many times do you need to ask this?

The answers will not change no matter how often you ask, so just stop.

• MS
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Glasses are not a prohibited item, even the ones with cameras in them.  They are not a threat to the plane, so TSA won't care a bit about them.  Put them in the bin when you go through the scanner and don't worry about it.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You can just put them in the tray, they arent a prohibited item

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.