If racism is so bad, why are racist jokes so fkn funny?

Even racist jokes racist towards myself are hilarious 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Because they are jokes, not actual opinions.

• 3 weeks ago

you seem to have an vast sense of humor. youre open to all jokes which could mean youre a real fan of comedy.

• 3 weeks ago

It's just your taste in humor.  Jokes depend on the listener being familiar with a certain set of assumptions, and they are funny due to how they use those assumptions in an unexpected way (either disputing what's assumed to be true, or confirming what's assumed to be false).  "I just flew in from Miami, and boy are my arms tired!" is an example.

You're familiar with lots of racial stereotypes, so those are assumptions that you can see some humor in.  Racist jokes always work by confirming what the listener knows to be false (on some level within him/herself - even if he/she will never acknowledge it).  If they really believed the stereotype to be rock-solid fact, it wouldn't be funny to them.  It would just be re-statement of a fact.

That you think they are "so fkn funny" distinguishes you from a true, dyed-in-the-wool racist, who would not find such jokes amusing...because the punch-lines always seem to be simply, inevitable fact - nothing all that funny about them.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

B/c the whiny white libs have taught the

young folks to be hyped up & way over sensitive

over the dumbest things such as jokes sadly :(

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,,

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Most racist jokes are not at all funny unless you're mentally ill, ignorant or just uneducated.

• 3 weeks agoReport

You mean unless youre a crybaby snowflake

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.