Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 3 weeks ago

I’m 17 and need help. ?

I recently had unprotected sex with a boy. I have taken 2 pregnancy test, and the results are not clear enough for me. I need to know my option. I live in Georgia. I want to know what steps I must take now-like should I even tell him? Or go to a doctor alone? And should I tell my mom? 

• Edna

Don't tell your boyfriend or your mother ANYTHING until you find out if you're pregnant. How "recently" did you have sex before you took those tests?  One month ago?  Two weeks ago? It's very possible to test too early. 

If you don't know how to read a pregnancy test, then I can't tell you how  to do so. Read the instructions that come with the test and look at what the diagrams on the test stick indicate. They're pretty clear. 

Wait to take a test until your period is at least one week overdue, if you want an accurate result. If the results indicate "positive", then see a doctor in order to confirm that you're pregnant. After a doctor confirms that you're pregnant, THEN talk to your mother and your boyfriend. 

When you say "recently" how recently do you mean? A pregnancy test won't work if you take it within a few days. You have to wait until you miss a period or are close to it if it's an early-response test.

If it's within five days, you can take Plan B, or see a doctor and get an emergency IUD put in, and that will stop a pregnancy.

Go to PlannedParenthood.org and look up the rules about Georgia.

You have three choices if you're pregnant: Abortion, adoption, or raise the baby, possibly alone.

Yes, I would tell the guy. If you're close enough to have sex, you're close enough to share your fears with him. He should know that not using condoms can lead to pregnancy.

You'll probably have to tell your mother if you're pregnant, as you'll need her permission for an abortion.

What's recently and when did you take the tests?  You do know I assume you need to be late or at least have your period due for a pregnancy test to give a reliable result?

Wait till you get a readable test moron and try testing when you are supposed to

• sarah

I wouldn't panic until you miss your period. Also, try using a digital test. A little pricier, but there's no mistaking those results.

not till you find out for sure

If you haven't missed a period, there is nothing to tell.  Have you missed one?

Tell your mother.