NS asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 weeks ago

Will I atleast be 6ft1 by the time I am 20? Please read description?

I am 16 and 5ft 9 my dad is 6ft3 and my mum is 5ft 2 how tall will I be?

• .
    Favorite Answer

Perhaps. Your genes dictate your height, but you may take after your mom's side of the family more than your dad's.There's no way we can know. It's even possible you could exceed your father's height. Males tend to finish their height grown by around age 21, so you've got plenty of time for several growth spurts. Remember, it's not only your mom and dad's heights that affect yours, but your grandparents and their parents  (generations back). If you had 1 tall grandparent and 3 that were short or average, then the odds are you'll be short or average unless you just happened to get the gene from the tall grandparent.

• NS3 weeks agoReport

My uncle on my dad's side is 6'6 and my great grandfather was 6'8 but yh on my mom's side my uncle is 5'8 

• kelvin

you could by the time your done fully growing

Find out if your growth plates have fused. See your orthopedist for an x-ray. 

• Autumn
      3 weeks agoReport

The NHS is not going to provide x-rays for this reason and orthopaedic surgeons have better things to do than check to see if someone has finished growing. This person's GP would laugh them out the door if they asked for a referral.

Boys have a predicted height of the average height of their parents + 2.5'' which in your case would be 5'11. This would tie in with your current height so no don't expect to reach 6'1.

probably. You will be done growing by 19-20..You might have a growth spurt coming up real soon.

• ?

Noone knows. It is impossible to state with absolute certainty what height you will be when you finish growing