Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 3 weeks ago

Someone please tell me what wrong with me ..lol  ?

Okay so to start off, Im a 19 year old girl. This happens like very rarely but when it does i'm not sure whats happening and just saying, it sounds VERY weird. So I usually get it when i'm procrastinating and I get frustrated that I can't get anything done. It started off as me just taking my hand into a fist and banging my head with it repeatedly. Then it started to progress to a whole list of things like feeling the need to tighten all my facial muscles, banging my hands together, only breathing out through my nose repeatedly, hitting my head with whatever's in my hand, etc. When it happens its just this huge fit that I cant stop like it's literally uncontrollable. It also happens randomly when im at home and all my muscles feel really tight? Its almost like this burst of energy that needs to come out. I swear im like completely normal the rest of the time, I just feel so insane when this happens to me. I don't know of anything that I might have but Ive been told a couple of times growing up by my doctor that i might be on the spectrum. But I've never actually been diagnosed and even if, I honestly cant see how those two would correlate? Also it's getting like really bad because afterwards I feel a ringing in my head i just don't know what to do anymore it's super annoying 

• Its a quirk. It might be manageable with some form of drug, but I am not your doctor.

It can be a sign of autism.

Go and get checked fast.

Either a therapist or a psychologist.

It comes from the naive belief that any kind of behavior can be overcome with punishment. You're punishing yourself in the hope that this will get rid of your frustration, but it doesn't work.

Study of behavior going back to the first part of the 20th century shows that punishment is the least effective way to help people while they're learning. Source -The Behavior of Organisms by B.F. Skinner.

Here's some advice for procrastination. 

This is useful for all kinds of things you don't feel like doing. If a task seems like it's too big, think of it as a series of tasks that you can take on one at a time, and start with something really, really easy. Cleaning - start by cleaning for 3 or 4 min and take a 5 min break. Or start by just cleaning the kitchen counters. Homework - start by proofreading a paper or by previewing a chapter you're about to read, looking at headings, sub-headings, etc.

Short breaks are good but always watch the clock. Look for natural breaks, like after you finish a chapter or write an outline.

Staying on task - if you find yourself dawdling, wasting time while you're working, here's a simple fix. Decide how much time it will take to get a task done and do it in that time, watching the clock.

A famous psychiatrist said that when we can't control our feelings we can still control our muscles. If you tell your arms and legs to get you to the bathroom for a shower, they will obey.

Try this when it seems that you're too tired to work. Lie on the couch, close your eyes, and get ready to work by imagining yourself working for 5 minutes. Again, think in terms of taking it step by step and starting with something really easy.

Did you know that when the Planet itself is under stress, it affects species from Microbes to Ants, all the way up to top dog,  HUMANS???  It's my theory of evolution I know of fact.  and you just can't go get a pill from the doctor that's going to put the Planet in her place..     I was given a gift in 1984, but it's not a gift I could just pass on, most of the time it's a nightmare..   I try to make fun of anything that comes my way, but my only time I can rest and be truly happy is when I'm sleeping..  I never have nightmares, those are in the daytime when I'm awake...    I don't know how I even made it this far??     have you ever tried Tai Chi ???

Been there, done that. You need to find a diversion as I did. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you divert  the harm you are doing to yourself. Try hitting a pillow to start. Think about exercise, heavy yard work, floor scrubbing. Anything to prevent harm to yourself.

Well, uncontrollable, irrational behavior is a possible symptom of autism - which is an incredibly broad spectrum.  You may want to seek a professional diagnosis as your symptoms appear to be worsening and is approaching harmful.