Is my employer right?

So I have been working at my current job for almost a year and performance reviews are coming up and I was pretty excited about it because I've been working very hard.my supervisor even told me I was doing a great job because I've been working 6 days a week doing 13 and 16 hour shifts some days like today Mark's the 11th day in a row of me working then I have 1 day off and then come back the day after and work 6 more days, that is 17 days with 1 day off.  because we have been short people for the last 2 and a half months. So like I said reviews are coming up and they determine if you get your raise or not. My supervisor has been at the site for about 6 months and he has made 3 very good friends like they sit at work at talk on the phone with each other for hours even hang out so when it come to reviews he gave all of them a 5 out of 5 for flexibility and when it came to me i got a 3 out of 5 and basically i wont be getting a raise but all 3 of them are. They have been working very hard and I'm not saying they don't deserve a raise but I believe I deserve one too. I honestly feel like he gave them a raise because they are his friends. 

• Gert

This is what is wrong with the work-a-day world.

• Eva

Ask why you only got a 3 for flexibility and what you can do to improve. It does seem like you've been taken advantage of. There's no reason you should be asked to work 13 - 16 hours a day for days on end. If they are short staffed, there's no reason those other people should be chatting on the phone all day.

They do a better job than you. Being friends has nothing to do with it.

talk to him and explain your problem 

That’s the sad reality. Who you know almost always trumps how hard you work.