Is it safe to travel to California?

My relatives living in LA, California. I want to visit them but I hear some bad news about California recently. So I'm worried about it if I go there solo. 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Yes, depending on what you take and how it goes.

• 3 weeks ago

your travels in southern California, in cities such as Los Angeles and San Diego which are safe and well away from the current danger.

• 3 weeks ago

yes...California is a beautiful country.

• Nothing dangerous about California. Maybe a few Mexicans, but the police have the right control methods for them!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

California is no worse than other place in the US these days, In LA. Don't venture about alone.

• 3 weeks ago

The crime in LA isn't too bad. It's more concentrated in skid row, Inglewood, and Compton areas.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Kinda depends on where in the city you plan to be. We do currently have a huge number of often violent homeless who do attack people randomly. But if you avoid the larger concentrations and mind your business you'll likely be fine.

• 4 weeks ago

lol. Stay out of the bad areas and you are as safe as anywhere else. {With a population of 14m overall, there are some bad people.]

• 4 weeks ago

There is some fires, but over all LA is a good place compared to a lot of American states

• 4 weeks ago

There are areas of all the big cities in California that are not safe. LA is no exception. If you stick with your relatives I suspect they know where is safe and where is not safe. But to a point, I would not wander around LA solo without knowing the area. And I used to live near LA (and now in Oakland).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.