Is it safe to travel to California?

My relatives living in LA, California. I want to visit them but I hear some bad news about California recently. So I'm worried about it if I go there solo. 

Yes, depending on what you take and how it goes.

your travels in southern California, in cities such as Los Angeles and San Diego which are safe and well away from the current danger.

yes...California is a beautiful country.

• Nothing dangerous about California. Maybe a few Mexicans, but the police have the right control methods for them!

California is no worse than other place in the US these days, In LA. Don't venture about alone.

The crime in LA isn't too bad. It's more concentrated in skid row, Inglewood, and Compton areas.

• Foofa

Kinda depends on where in the city you plan to be. We do currently have a huge number of often violent homeless who do attack people randomly. But if you avoid the larger concentrations and mind your business you'll likely be fine.

lol. Stay out of the bad areas and you are as safe as anywhere else. {With a population of 14m overall, there are some bad people.]

There is some fires, but over all LA is a good place compared to a lot of American states

There are areas of all the big cities in California that are not safe. LA is no exception. If you stick with your relatives I suspect they know where is safe and where is not safe. But to a point, I would not wander around LA solo without knowing the area. And I used to live near LA (and now in Oakland).