2 Timothy 3:16-17 ¶ The Bible itself cannot be the sole source of knowledge about God. But what are you going to do about it?

2 Timothy 3:16-17 ¶ All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, THAT THE MAN OF GOD MAY BE COMPLETE, THOROUGHLY EQUIPPED FOR EVERY GOOD WORK.

The doctrine of the "sufficiency of Scripture" had NEVER actually claimed that Jesus Himself is no evidence of God's will, His purpose and divine character:-

John 14:7 ¶ “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”

Colossians 1:15 ¶ He is the image of the invisible God.

Colossians 2:9 ¶ For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;

1 Timothy 3:16 ¶ God was manifested in the flesh

Therefore, the Bible itself cannot be the sole source of evidence concerning God's will, His purpose and divine character.

But Jesus Himself has provided further evidence of God beyond the immediate confines of the Scripture.

So what are you going to do about it?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

the Bible is the most reliable source of accurate knowledge about God since it came directly from Him

• Paul
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

If the Bible was supposed to be the sole source of knowledge about God, why didn't the Apostles just hand out Bibles instead of preaching and teaching? Oh, wait, maybe because the Bible didn't exist until three and a half centuries after the Apostles founded God's Church. Jesus Christ promised the leaders of that Church "The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth", and "Whatsoever you bind upon Earth is bound in Heaven", and "He who hears you hears Me". His Church is the one source of truth and knowledge Jesus provided for us. Which is why that one Church remains one in belief, one in teaching, one in worship, one in biblical understanding after 2,000 years. Of course, there are many who have abandoned His Church and decided to find truth in "the Bible alone". And how is that going? More than 6,000 conflicting denominations, all claiming to be teaching from the Bible, yet the teaching of each denomination contradicting the teaching of the others, in just a few hundred years. Truth cannot contradict truth, so obviously a great deal of untruth is being taught.

• sarah
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It is the work of every person on earth to read the bible and pray for understanding to be pleasing to God. It means are eternal life. So we should do it and soon as this system is about to end.

• 3 weeks ago

What I am going to do is re-read 2 Peter 1:3, and suggest that you do the same.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • What do I want to do about it?

Are you pulling the hoe of the farmer's feet?

With the biblical passages do you emphasize that Jesus is God, and then you say that the sacred scripture has been tampered with?

You are off the road, the sacred scripture was inspired by Christian believers, under the guidance of the Spirit of God!

If you have problems teaching, come to the biblical school!

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Gran....N has more than one account, how can we tell G.....N, because you continue to rant and yell on the same subject............

• 3 weeks ago

God is not invisible. God is a living being as documented in the original Hebrew Bible.

Jesus is the god of the Koien Greek text called the New Testament.

The New Testament is not part of the Hebrew Bible.

The Roman Catholic King James & the Roman Catholic Church are responsible for editing, revising and changing the Hebrew Bible, renaming it the Old Testament then printing their version with their New Testament calling it the Holy Bible.

• 3 weeks ago

I keep telling you people 

"Until the day that He was taken up 

>>>AFTER THAT<<<

He >>>through the Holy Ghost<<<

***gave commandments*** to [those] the apostles He had 

>>>chosen"<<< (Acts 1:2).

Re: I Corinthians 12:11-13; 28; Ephesians 4:11-13!

After Holy Spirit baptism 

GOD >>>speaks to us directly!<<<

Re: II Corinthians 5:18-20!

Under the New Covenant and when His Spirit became available to >>>dwell in us<<< (Romans 8:9)

GOD SPEAKS TO US DIRECTLY 

>>>LITERALLY!<<<

Re: Jeremiah 31:33-34; Hebrews 8:10-12; 10:16-17!

"And they shall >>>TEACH NO MORE<<< every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more" (Jeremiah 31:34).

I'M NOT A SINNER!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After Holy Spirit baptism, JESUS teaches you and is why there are no more "disciples" under the New Covenant.  GOD "dwells in you" (Romans 8:9) and "Teaches you godliness" (Titus 2:12) 

>>>LITERALLY!<<<

You are no different PHYSICALLY!  You see how I act but it's the spirit in which I act;

>>>IN THE NAME OF JESUS!<<<  

Do it for JESUS (Colossians 3:17; I Corinthians 9:22)!

Re: II Corinthians 5:18-20

After Holy Spirit baptism, we "join to His Spirit" (I Corinthians 6:17) and Jeremiah 31:34 is "fulfilled!"

"COMMUNION" is  

>>>DIRECTLY<<<. with the LORD!  

No more setting up "tables" as they did under the "FIRST COVENANT" (Hebrews 9:1-2)!

Re: John Chapters 14, 15, 16!

"And I will put my spirit within you, and >>>CAUSE<<< you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them" (Ezekiel 36:27).

"FULFILLED!"

On the Day of Pentecost (Acts 1:2; 2:2-4)!

THANK YOU JESUS!

• Norine3 weeks agoReport

And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, >>BUT IN (((DEMONSTRATION))) OF (((THE SPIRIT))) AND OF (((POWER")))<<< (I Cor 2:4)! :

• 3 weeks ago

And your point is?

• 3 weeks ago

I already do it. I read real educational books, not just fiction.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.