Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 2 weeks ago

Moon as a boy name?

I've always loved the moon and my grandpa who passed in 2017 (we were very close ) always told me he would take me to the moon since I was little and it means alot to me. 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Why not Saul? It sounds like Sol, and without that light, the moon is just a dark patch.

• 2 weeks ago

then name your DOG moon.  

but whatever you do, don't hang that stinker on your kid.  only a SELFISH DOLT would do that.  

• 2 weeks ago

I prefer Jennifer

Attachment image
  • 2 weeks ago

I've met a couple of girls that were called 'Moon'... And, there's Moon Zappa, Frank's daughter... I'm not sure it would work for a boy. 

Call him Mars... the God of War - that's a guys name....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

What does this have to do with astronomy and space?

• D g
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

moon is a female symbol

it  represents the opossite to  sun    the emotions  and such  so i would say its not a a good aname for a boy 

• 2 weeks ago

I think keep it as a middle name if anything. He will be made fun of with that name, it can sound kinda ghetto giving babies odd words as a name too. What you could also do is find a translation for the word moon in a different language, that might sound more appropriate as a name

• Nyx
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Most names given to babies based on Earth's Moon are feminine in origin, and meaning (such as Moon, Luna, Selene).

You would need to go with a more archaic name like Artemis.

Or non english like these.

https://www.momjunction.com/articles/baby-names-th...

• 2 weeks ago

I think the sentiment is so sweet and wonderful but I’m sure the child would be ruthlessly mocked because moon also means to show your bare butt to someone.

• 2 weeks ago

Name your baby whatever you want, especially if it has sentimental value to you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.