Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 2 weeks ago

Moon as a boy name?

I've always loved the moon and my grandpa who passed in 2017 (we were very close ) always told me he would take me to the moon since I was little and it means alot to me. 

Why not Saul? It sounds like Sol, and without that light, the moon is just a dark patch.

then name your DOG moon.  

but whatever you do, don't hang that stinker on your kid.  only a SELFISH DOLT would do that.  

I prefer Jennifer

I've met a couple of girls that were called 'Moon'... And, there's Moon Zappa, Frank's daughter... I'm not sure it would work for a boy. 

Call him Mars... the God of War - that's a guys name....

• Clive

What does this have to do with astronomy and space?

• D g

moon is a female symbol

it  represents the opossite to  sun    the emotions  and such  so i would say its not a a good aname for a boy 

I think keep it as a middle name if anything. He will be made fun of with that name, it can sound kinda ghetto giving babies odd words as a name too. What you could also do is find a translation for the word moon in a different language, that might sound more appropriate as a name

• Nyx

Most names given to babies based on Earth's Moon are feminine in origin, and meaning (such as Moon, Luna, Selene).

You would need to go with a more archaic name like Artemis.

Or non english like these.

https://www.momjunction.com/articles/baby-names-th...

I think the sentiment is so sweet and wonderful but I’m sure the child would be ruthlessly mocked because moon also means to show your bare butt to someone.

Name your baby whatever you want, especially if it has sentimental value to you.