Good Gaming PC?

This is like the 3rd laptop I've had that crapped out bc I tried downloading mods for steam games that are over 10 years old. I've owned a Toshiba and 2 Acers. Everytime I wanna download mods I get this "no bootable drive found" and I have to scrap the thing. Ik the easy solution is to buy a better laptop but c'mon they last like 2 years tops and you need to put a 2nd and a 3rd mortgage on a house to get a decent gaming laptop and even more for a desktop. Is there a good one that's not Acer or Toshiba that's somewhat affordable? Laptop, desktop, doesn't matter which as long as it's a affordable and actually plays games that are 10+ years old without sh*tting the bed?

We can't answer as we don't know your budget

It sounds like something you are downloading is corrupting your drive. Your mods should NOT do this if they are from reputable, virus-free sources. As for a good gaming PC, what is your budget?

You are looking at your issue in the wrong way. If you take a proper full drive image of a working system(like the first time you have got it ready to play a game), then you can splat that image straight over the non working contents of a drive to instantly make it back as it was when you took the image which is what you need. You can use ACRONIS,PARAGON,EASUS to create your disk image and either burn it to cd or put it on a usb stick. Then you can play with different OS installations as much as you like for older games. It only takes about 20 to 30 minutes to splat the image back and even less if you have an SSD drive. You should also be aware that your CMOS data is powered by a CR2032 battery which lasts about 3 years, but if the cmos data gets corrupted then that could easily give a non start boot error, so the battery may need replacement and the BIOS must then be DEFAULTed and saved before the pc will boot again. Hope that helps. as for another choice of pc, well you usually get what you pay for, but medion have a low price and are often on sale as newer models come out to replace older ones. if you are in the uk that is. Remember a laptop is a "Go Slow save battery" kind of pc with a Broad variable speed of say 2.0ghz to 4.0ghz and not a "Go fast Always Desktop" kind of pc normally around 3.5ghz. Start making disk images and using them when it all goes wrong. *** note disk images only work for pc's that have drives with NO BAD SECTORS. Also the windows OS allows you to change your drive and keep your OS licence so you can easily swap in a brand new blank replacement SSD to speed you up and splat your image of your working OS straight onto it without breaking any licence rules.

Alienware is always good

• Dave

Before you waste any more time or money, i'd suggest you stop and learn how to properly use a laptop and how to properly access the internet. This has PEBCAK written all over it. It's not the laptop, it's you.

games that old probably need to be played in compatibility mode under Windows 10. the downloading and/or installing should have no effect on the operating system or the machine ... your issues are something else

I recently got an MSI Gl 65. The best investment ive made this year. got a purevpn add-on with it since theres a preblack friday deal on it, so no freakin queue times

ha! you downloaded a virus is what you did or a bad script. Its not unfixable at all. You gave up way too easily. Wasting all that money... what a shame

i got a 7000+ passmark cpu bench ryzen 5 3500u lenovo at office depot for less than $400. don't know why you need a bootable drive for steam, but for a 10 year old game you could probably run it in a virtual box (Oracle)

I don't know what kind of mods you're downloading, but it seems to me that you have no idea what you're doing. A game mod should not delete your OS or corrupt it. If it does, then you're probably downloading viruses or using poorly made mods.

You do realize that you could have easily reinstalled Windows to fix your "dead" laptops, right? No need to get another one.

What is your budget? What is "affordable" to you?