Is social security autism disability checks supposed to be used ONLY for yourself, or to help household with food?

I just got approved to be my own payee of my 2 SSA checks. I live with my mom on disability also (but hers is for something different). We pay half of all the bills and utilities. BUT now because my mom is not representative payee for me (since December 1st 2019) she is saying the money is meant to buy food for the household to cook and share. Is she wrong or right? I just want to be my own payee so she doesn't but a lot of Lottery Tickets, etc... Is my direct deposit for my own use or to contribute food to share?

I have autism. My mom was representative payee until I tried to be my own payee months after turning 25 years old. Can you give me tips on how to NOT LET OTHERS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME AND MY KIND BRAIN??????????????? 

Do I need to get a job if I want MY OWN MONEY ALL MINE 100 PERCENT?

• Foofa

Being responsible for yourself requires paying your fair share of your living expenses. You don't get to claim you're mature enough to manage your own money then turn around and tell Mom you're still a child and she still has to pay all your bills.

It is for your needs, which includes your food, and also the cost of the housing in which you live.

• Rick B

Well, first you must all use your income to pay the bills, then to provide food, then you can move o to other items.