I am applying for a scholarship what does this question mean? ?

Disciplinary Action:

Have you ever been found responsible for a disciplinary violation at any educational institution you have attended from the 9th grade (or the international equivalent) forward, whether related to academic misconduct or behavioral misconduct, that resulted in a disciplinary action? These actions could include, but are not limited to: probation, suspension, removal, dismissal, or expulsion from the institution.

* Have you ever been found responsible for a disciplinary violation at any educational institution you have attended from the 9th grade (or the international equivalent) forward, whether related to academic misconduct or behavioral misconduct, that resulted in a disciplinary action? These actions could include, but are not limited to: probation, suspension, removal, dismissal, or expulsion from the institution.

Choice: Yes or No

I have gotten suspended in the senior year only 1 time for 5 days. Should I mention it? Will the scholarship know I lied? Does high schools keep track of suspensions??

I'm in community college I'm transfering to a University, 

I got suspended because I was in a fight.

• MS

They are asking if you have been suspended and you say that you have.  So you have to answer honestly on your application and admit to it.  High schools do keep track of significant disciplinary action, such as suspensions, so this information can definitely be verified.  You might lose out on the scholarship by admitting to the suspension.  You will definitely lose out if/when they find out you lied.

High schools definitely keep track of suspensions. These are part of your record. It may be on a school by school, case by case situation but these records may be part of your transcript that would get sent to whomever you ask them to send. 

Minor disciplines like detention and such are kept track of, but aren't truly part of your educational record in most states. Education laws (other than certain federal laws) are on a state basis so things can vary greatly from state to state.

Yes, they want you to list the suspension while you were in high school.

As a transfer student, most universities don't even ask for your high school records and would have a very low chance of catching you if you forgot to include it.  But if they do find out, you'd most likely get kicked out for admissions fraud.

Lying is never a good idea. List what happened. Explain the circumstances. Stress that it was a one time thing. It never occurred before or since. 

You don't get suspended for excellent behavior.

• drip

That is exactly what they are talking about. You did something so wrong you were suspended for five days. That is a disciplinary action. 

Have you been out of high school for some years? Are you still in high school?  Ask for your unofficial transcripts.   Schools do put suspensions on your record. 

Usually your college application asks the same thing. 

I honestly don’t know if that information would be sent to any college or scholarship along with your transcript. If you lie and are found out you will be denied.  Perhaps if you tell the truth a letter of explanation might be requested and help your case.