Faux shearling coat shedding. Did I ruin this jacket?

Hello all, I recently purchased a faux shearling coat from Sandro. The coat is supposed to be dry clean only, but I decided it would be harmless to do a delicate machine wash and hang dry, because dry cleaning is a pain in the ***. However, after machine washing, it became evident that the faux fur was shedding like crazy. Now, the entire coat is covered in fuzz, and I am starting to think I ruined this jacket, which is annoying because it was hella expensive!

Now, I am wondering, if I keep machine washing this jacket, will the faux shearling eventually stop shedding? If not, what is the best way to deal with this and save this otherwise beautiful looking coat.

Link to coat: https://us.sandro-paris.com/en/mens/jackets/jacket...

Thanks all!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

You might be able to stop the shedding by brushing it with a hairbrush and don't wash it in water anymore.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You should have followed directions. It's trash now.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You probably ruined it.  However, you can try taking it to a dry cleaner and see if there's anything to be done.  The dry process that's supposed to be used for cleaning it combined with brushing and vacuuming may leave it looking at least somewhat presentable.  It's a long shot, but cheaper than replacing the coat.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I'm going to go with yes, that jacket is ruined.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.