Identify this movie/play for me?

When I was in high school one of the senior choice productions was an adaptation of either a movie/play. I think it was a movie. The plot is that a teenageish age boy falls in love with his elderly woman neighbor who's eccentric and weird, she find a seal or something and keeps it at home, and the old lady dies at the end. That's the best I can rememer it... I've tried to look it up and can't find the original source.

Favorite Answer

Colin Higgins wrote ''Harold and Maude'' when he was a 28-year-old film student at the University of California at Los Angeles; the 20-minute drama was originally to be the basis for his master's thesis.

• tiescore
      3 weeks agoReport

Beat me too it, got half way through the question and was like Harold & Maude!  The movie is pretty great. Its about a death obsessed young man, falling for a life obsessed elderly woman.