Trimming cacti?

I have these cacti, I believe they are Christmas cactus but correct me if I'm wrong. They are starting to grow out and are getting a little crazy. Is it possible to trim them? also, should they be blooming? (someone asked me the other day if they had started blooming, idk if that's a thing with these plants.)

Yes you can trim them. You can also root the trimmings to share with friends.

Yes they bloom, usually after a period of dormancy.

I have a christmas cactus now that was given to me by someone who had neglected it for a couple of years. I’ve had it for a few weeks, watered the poor withered thing as soon as I got it home and it is now covered wtih gorgeous flowers.

This happened to me once before with a similar type plant. I thought it was close to death, watered it and forgot about it. Several weeks later when I looked it was so covered with gorgeous pink flowers I couldn’t see the plant itself.

Thanksgiving cactus and Christmas cactus look alike don't trim your cactus I've enclosed a picture for you of a November cactus which is blooming now your December cactus is not going to bloom yet but soon. Notice the difference between the November cactus and the Christmas cactus yours has round leaves it's a Christmas cactus the ones with the spiked leaves which are pretty much the same family or November cactuses here's the picture

Yes, those are Christmas cacti.  I have a few in different colors, and the orange one blooms around Halloween for some odd reason.  Don't do any trimming until after they have bloomed and some of the stems have developed "air" roots.  They don't need a lot of light and actually don't do well with a lot of light.  If you want to encourage blooming, put it in an area where it will get 4-6 hours of indirect sunlight...an easterly window is ideal and it doesn't even have to be on the sill.  While conventional wisdom says don't feed until after blooming, I find some fertilizer prior to blooming helps.  While they don't need a lot of water by any means, I find that watering during blooming keeps the blooms on the stems longer.

I have one of those. They are said to bloom around Christmas (Hence the name) but ours blooms a couple times a year. Mine has been alive for almost 50 years. It was my great uncles. Idk about trimming maybe just move it to a bigger pot mines not super big idk.