Kindred asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 4 weeks ago

“So Socrates once said that when’s debate is lost, slander becomes the language of the loser .” Can I get Examples?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

The national elections of 2016. The losers have been slamming and trying to defame the winners ever since.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 weeks ago

Easy one. Look at Trump's twitter page. He has lost every debate, so he resorts to insults and slander every day. 

• 3 weeks ago

Yes, you can.

Go to the "Religion & Spirituality" section of Yahoo! Answers.

The religious cannot substantiate their claims and there is a steady stream of ridicule and slander against those that do not believe.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Just review most of the responses in Current Events.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

“Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate, 

Saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver [speaking of Jesus] said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again.“ (Matthew 27:62-63)

• 4 weeks ago

The current president provides you with perfect examples almost every time he opens his mouth

• 4 weeks ago

It just means if you argue a point successfully (it helps if you're right too) the other guy may not have the good grace to admit it and agree with you, instead he may be angry or humiliated and call you names, perhaps behind your back. That's all.

• 4 weeks ago

Hillary lost the election. Trump's an idiot.

• j153e
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Sometimes slander can be passive-aggressive: Saint Peter welcomed Betty and Martin to the Pearly Gates after they had tragically passed on while on their way to their wedding day. Betty asked Saint Peter if she and Martin could be married in heaven. Saint Peter says "You are a deserving couple; wait here in the reception area; I'll return soon with your answer."

Several months pass; Saint Peter returns; Martin says, "We were thinking as we waited here, eternity is a long time to be married." Betty added, "We were wondering if the marriage did not work out, could we get a divorce?"

Saint Peter replied, "Look, it took me months to find a priest up here in heaven; in heaven's name, how long do you think it would take me to find a lawyer up here?"

• 4 weeks ago

Oh...a fine one might be when Trump started tweeting comments against Marie Yovanovitch during her testimony.

If he has so much to say, I'm sure he'd be welcome to sit in that chair and testify himself.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.