Anonymous

If a mixed race person looks white, do you consider that person white?

for example cameron boyce (r.i.p) his father is black and his mother is white, but he looked totally white, in this case would you consider him white or not?

• Zirp
    Favorite Answer

If (s)he looks white, (s)he IS white.

YOUR skincolour is not about the genetics of your parent

• Cogito

I don't care what colour someone's skin is.  It's irrelevant.

What on earth does it matter?

Never heard of him so I checked him out.  He looked white so yes we'd consider him white but all he would have to do to change that is let us know his father is a brother and then we welcome him into our meeting if he wanted to learn something about his people and their struggle and sacrifice.

• Mark

Yės,

Sincė we are all mixed if you go back far

'nough the only way socity judges a prsn

is by their looks & mannerisms so I'd say for

surė !!!!!

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,,

I guess whatever he looks more like! : ) 

• reme_1

I don't get all uptight about that.

.

If a person look conventional white, or nearly white in racial appearance, I would usually consider him or her

only white, but if the person acknowledge and accept his or her actual racial makeup, I may sometimes view

him or her as mostly white mixed. If a person look somely nonwhite, or mostly mixed with white race, I would

consider him or her mixed race. I could generally consider Cameron Boyce’s appearance white passing, but

I would specifically and mainly consider him mostly white mixed. Both his parents look racially mixed to me.

.

Of course they don't.  Have you ever heard of the "one drop rule"  They are really racist like that!!!  

I consider human beings to be human beings.... unless they prove themselves to be otherwise

Skin colours cannot be defined and there are no biological races in humans. Race is entirely a sociological, not a biological construct. As there are no races, there are no mixed races. If the apparent colour of someone's skin is important to you then if they look "white", they are "white". If, however, you follow the "touch of the tar brush" fallacy then you are  not only ignorant but racist as well.

Most people in the world accept people as people and the apparent colour of their skin is irrelevant. I know of only one country in the world where people are still officially classified by their apparent skin colour.