I ate 5 month old pudding ?

I didn't realize it was 5 month old. I was visiting my grandma and wanted something to snack on and grabbed the first thing I saw. And didn't see the expiration date which said July 2019 until I finished. What should I do?

Favorite Answer

Was it unopened?  You'll be fine.  And if it wasn't, you would know by now as it sounds like this happened at least a few days ago.

Those are not expiration dates for the most cases, they are 'best by' dates.

Be happy you had food to eat and move on. There was nothing wrong with it.

Your gut will love that. Fermented foods that lay months rotting are the best for your gut health. Look at blue cheese, sauerkraut, yogurt, raw fermented milk. All that stuff is good for your health. Black pudding is pigs blood. Any fermented animal foods is the best way to have them

As you don't seem to be dead or in hospital, there is nothing you should do.

Was it good?

Yes- Eat more “accidentally”

No- That chapter of your life is over.