Will a gumball machine make at least $5 a month in sales in an autoparts store break room?

I placed the machine today and need to know if it will make any sales at all.

Im not looking for an approximate figure.  Im worried that regardless the number of employees it will not draw sales.  Also, my strategy is to have many locations.  If the location is making any money at all then it is an asset

Favorite Answer

Children buy gumballs, adults don't.  Are there going to be children hanging out in this break room?  

• mbajohn90
      3 weeks agoReport

I think you are right, I have a shipment of m&ms coming and I am going to avoid break rooms in the future because gumballs cost half as much

No. No one will buy a gumball only to spit it out a few minutes later when they have to go back to work.

• Judy

I guess you'll find out. Nobody here can know.

I canvassed the employees of that store and none of them are interested in your gumballs. So, NO.

• Scott

How many employees does the auto parts store have? How many are like me, and don't chew gum? There's no way to even guesstimate this because you didn't give any details.

Lemme consult my magic 8 ball (which is how I normally make important decisions that affect the entirety of the world):

All signs point to yes.

Just how the **** are we supposed to know that?

I sincerely doubt it.  

How do the existing vending machines do?  If there are none...there is a reason. 

Lucky for you, every autoparts store break room is the same.  Each store has the same number of employees, and each employee enjoys gumballs the same amount.  Seems obvious.

You are a real wealth builder eh?