Lizbeth asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 weeks ago

True or false women are more creative than men?

• Foofa

You'd have to cite your definition of "creative". Women tend to have better communication skills and that make them better suited to the "soft sciences". But in terms of artistic merit the genders are pretty well balanced.

True. They preform good in arts subjects.

• Lizbeth
      1 week agoReport

But see women didnt have rights through the ages. They didnt take credit from their work

Not sure. Unbiased studies would help. Unfortunately only women can say stuff like "women are better than men at "x". 

If a study said men are better than women at anything, it would be labeled a hate group.

false. because im a living proof of a woman thats not creative. but my brother is very creative. thats why i always thought its just an individual trait.

On average, yes it's true.

Sometimes true, sometimes not. Can the answer be true and false?

• Bill

Women are more likely to follow the rules and regulations of society. They are also more likely to follow the crowd and do what others around them are doing. There are of course exception to this, which is why things like feminism even exists in the first place. Still, with those women being mere exceptions to the rule it would follow that most women are not out to stretch the limits or go off on their own and do their own thing. 

With everything I said in mind it is unlikely that women are more creative than men since creativity necessarily calls on you to venture out to discover new things and to break the accepted patterns.  

An example of what I'm saying above is actually cooking. Men are better at cooking because they are more likely to experiment and more willing to make errors. This in turn gives their cooking more depth and variety and thus pushes them above their female competition. 

• Kowabunga
      2 weeks agoReport

I have also said this before several years ago here. It's good to hear I know for sure know I wasn't wrong. Two difft minds thinking the same thought which is not an insane thought has to be true and paying attention to women just shows this anyway

Non-sequitur. Facts do not coordinate. 

I dunno every living person on this planet. N/a.

• Guardian
      2 weeks agoReport

Haha well aren't you the perfect gent. ;-)

• Fuhr

True, when it comes to making sandwiches for men. 

Source(s): The Council For Women Making Men Delicious Sandwiches
    • Bill
      2 weeks agoReport

Actually men are usually better at cooking than women. I imagine if you put men up against women in a making sandwiches competition the men would win. lol