Can someone with 91 ASVAB *usually* pass the DLAB or is there little correlation? How can I study?

Joining army guard and there is a 35p slot open. I went to meps before and got a 91 asvab (Trust me, a lot of that score is owed to language and reading, as I am bad at math). However, I have always struggled with trying to learn a new language (I have tried French at both the high school and college level). Granted, I haven't always been a diligent student....I am curious if with regards to DLAB, is this something that high asvab scorers can be confident about? Or is it a whole different beast? How can I prepare for it??

• Mrsjvb

One has nothing to do with the other.  In many respects, the DLAB is an order of magnitude more difficult.  The school is total immersion with zero leeway.  Fall behind half a day, and there is no catching up

No correlation.

they have no comparison

I had an asvab score in the 90's, but had a dlab score of 26

• Greg

I took it and passed. It is a whole different beast. Even if you pass, the pass rate in language school is very low. Google DLAB practice.