My cousin just got fired...was it deserved?

She's sorry though and really meant it. She got fired for insulting a Mexican lady in the workplace.

She made 2 mistakes:

- Calling her an illegal ******* but turns out the lady is a legal resident for 5 years

- Assuming she couldn't understand anything (she did); the lady is in intermediate English and still taking class.

It's just that my cousin is so tired of the illegals Mexicans that waste our time or the ones that never care about learning English. She stopped liking them and came to a point that she thought all of them were the same: dumb, dirty, illegal and lazy people.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

If your cousin works in the service sector or in any occupation dealing with the general public it doesn't matter what she said specifically, just that in any job like this you will of course get fired for insulting your customers. These jobs require leaving your personal baggage at the door.

• Lita
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Yes, it was absolutely deserved. Your cousin played a stupid game and won a well deserved stupid prize.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

e pluribus unum, deo vindice

Sorry, what was that about English again?

Yes, your cousin deserved it. You don’t insult people at work, it’s bad for business to say the least.

btw, that business advice represents a second failure. You don't seem to understand capitalism either, are you sure you belong in the US?

• 3 weeks ago

Your cousin didn't make a "mistake", she said what she did out of hatred and now she's paying the price. It doesn't matter if the other lady spoke no english or what her immigration status is--it doesn't concern your cousin one bit. She was there to do a job, not interject her own crap opinion of customers. What a jerk--your cousin, not the customer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • y
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Yes, she deserved it. The goal is to treat everyone the way you wish to be treated. Doesn't matter if they are green, blue, yellow, or orange. Doesn't matter if you like them or not, doesn't matter if you're have a bad hair day. Doesn't matter when they pull out a gun and rob your ***.  Treat everyone like you would like to be treated.

• 3 weeks ago

😄

Yes.

Your cousin was guilty of harassment and hate speech. Neither of which are tolerated in the workplace. Never has been. Never will be.

It's work. Not a place to bring personal bias.

You both should know better. 🥴 But you're young. I can tell.

It's ok. I got fired for jumping a customer that used a racial slur on me. ;-) I understand it's a common mistake youngsters make. But when you go to work, your feelings are set aside. Strictly business professional.

• Med 10
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

More than deserved.

• shes a racist thank god she deserved it

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Your cousin is a racist, nasty, rude idiot who thoroughly deserved to get fired.

• 3 weeks ago

Yes. Your cousin isn't very bright. Thinking it is one thing, saying it is another.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.