Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Do you let you're Shih Tzu's hair grow or keep it groomed?

Favorite Answer

I get her groomed every few months

I have two shih Tzu's hair and they are sooo different.  If i let one of them, the female, go too long without being groomed, mattes will start BIG TIME, as opposed to the male.  He will get mattes, but not as bad!  Groom them every 5 months.

I shave her completely bald with a razor.

I allow my dog (Shih Tzu mix) to grow out her coat for Winter and will get it clipped professionally twice a year. May end up just learning how to clip her myself after my dogs groomer of 9 years closed and the only other salons near by either charge me close to a $100 or have their dogs cage free and all together.

By "groomed" I assume you mean trimmed. Unless you are asking for advice and not just wanting to know personal opinion, this question really belongs in Polls&Surveys.

So long as you can keep them clean and well groomed, it's really up to personal opinion. If you live in a warmer climate, some people prefer the shorter fur so their dog can stay cool.

Source(s): Dog owner

It's your - you're means you are.

Shih Tzu's hair should be groomed.