Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 4 weeks ago

My professor assigned a group project, what will happen if I turn in and complete the project alone? ?

The last time I was in a group for this class we almost failed the assignment. Will my professor give me a zero for working alone? If I ask will she allow me to work alone? 

I think 'group project' tells you all you need to know in order to answer your query!

• David

It will be rejected even if you are successful with it, unless you have prior permission from your professor to work alone.

If you turn in an individual assignment without her permission, she will most likely not accept it. Group projects are usually given for developing teamwork and cooperation skills in students, so it would defeat the purpose of the entire project.

However, you can always take a chance and personally ask her if you can work on it alone. Explain your situation, and if she agrees, then go ahead and do it by yourself. If she doesn't agree, then you'll just have to work with your group. 

If your professor assigned a group project, it's best to ask your professor FIRST if a "group" project is mandatory and you would prefer to work alone. If not allowed, it's best to follow the directions.

Ask your group members if they are OK with you doing the whole thing.

• Mercy

I hated group work too. Make an appt. and talk to your teacher.

we have no way to forecast how a specific professor might or might not decide. I suggest you visit with professor at next possible time

Source(s): married 32 years to Uni professor
  • Vicki

It will definitely affect your grade. The whole point of group projects is to make sure you can work effectively as part of a team and contribute properly. So, there's a good chance. Unless you just don't tell your teacher and tell your group this is how it's gonna be...

• .

If your professor has any experience, she will know how to deal with slackers.  But to make it clear, you should meet with your professor privately if other members of your group are not doing anything.

There probably is a reason the professor assigned it as a group project.  In real life, post school, you will be expected to work with others.