Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 weeks ago

If he cheats on me, why can't I cheat on him?

My husband has cheated on me , I found out about it. I was about to divorce him but I gave him another chance. So then he apologized and promised to never do it again. But now its been a year later and I strongly suspect hes cheating again. I haven't confronted him yet and I think its pointless to do so because he will just deny it.

I have absolutely no faith in him anymore. Its been over 3 months since my suspicions have began and my heart is no longer with him. I don't love him anymore. But If I were to divorce right now, then I will also lose the luxurious lifestyle that I share with him. I'm planning on getting out there and searching for a bf. If the relationship works out, then I will be filing for divorce.

I can support myself well, its just that I don't want to spend money renting an apartment since I live in a very expensive area NYC. I can save a whole lot of money not moving out, eating my husband's food. 

yes and ,, do not do it

your story sucks about wanting to stay for the money 

• Orla C

It would be wiser to find out if he IS actually cheating on you before doing anything rash, and then quietly approaching a lawyer to find out your options, and then talking to your husband about his behaviour and your decision. In other words, conduct yourself like an adult, not a feral teenager foraging in a wasteland. 

"Once a cheater always a cheater". You should have filed for divorce instead of giving him another chance.

Better question. Why stay if he keeps doing things that show he doesn't deserve you? life is too short to spend it with someone who isn't good to you or for you.

In the context of this situation, I think before you make any rash decisions, find out whether or not he's actually cheated first. You say you don't love him anymore though, so I doubt the cheating would change much. I think you should voice your concerns or even get professional help with couple's therapy. I guess it wouldn't hurt to create a dating profile and see what's out there because it sounds as if you've completely fallen out of love for him but don't cheat for the sake of getting revenge. 

You need more than just suspicions. What makes you think he is doing it again? your sex life slack off?

Just leave him don’t try to get revenge 

• zipper

Two wrongs never make a right, Wrong is wrong. FINE A NEW MALE FRIEND and drop him, but tell him why. Befair!

• Kelly

So what I'm reading here is you're incapable of supporting yourself and only leave if you find someone else to support you instead?

The wedding vows are broken...go find a boyfriend