Co-parenting issue?

My son's ex is not abiding by court orders. He is trying to arrange for supervised visitation of his special needs daughter as well as meeting with her doctor (who's name he doesn't even know) to be educated on how to care for her. The judge ruled that they communicate through a parenting app and he has repeatedly attempted to do so but his efforts are completely ignored. What are his options

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

He can discuss this with his attorney for advice

• 2 weeks ago

He could always take the mother back to court.

• 2 weeks ago
  • 2 weeks ago

Take the b*tch to court!!! I’m so worried about this ever happening when my sons older. it’s a common thing girls stopping the dads seeing their bubbas. It’s awful. You have rights too as a grandparent. Both of you should fight for visitation. I bet it’s absolute torture and heart breaking him not seeing his bubby. I can’t imagine ever being separated from my little boy! I’d feel suicidal! but I would fight fight fight!!! 🤬

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

To take her back to court of course!

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

He has to go back to family court and you have to MYOB.

• 2 weeks ago

He can take her to court. Women who take exes to court for failure to pay child support rarely get anywhere. The men just claim not to have any income. I'm not sure how the court could force her to communicate using the app- possibly by threatening her with jail. 

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

His options are to report it to the court and/or hire an attorney who will work on his behalf.

If he can't afford an attorney have him go to the courthouse and ask about legal aid to see if he qualifies for reduced or pro bono legal services and look into father's rights advocacy groups.

As a parent though, for any medical condition ... special needs or not it's his responsibility to learn about her condition and how to properly take care of her.  That information may or may not actually come from a doctor treating her.

If he's just trying for visitation at this point but doesn't have any, he needs to ride it out and wait for a decision by the court.

• Byrd
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Whatever his attorney advises and you need to butt out

• y
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Everything is recorded and then back to court he goes. It is how this works until such a point the court gets fed up with the crap. Then they get involved in the transfer of the child. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.