how to not let your emotions rule you?

like there's many of times in life i get really angry with people and emotional, verging on squaring up to that person or just getting aggressive.........i'm a person who is quick to take offence and tend to take things to heart a lot, this causes me to overflow with emotions and feel really angry with people...especially if someone is out of order - ie i get an insulting troll comment online or someone condescends me etc.....i growl and clench my teeth.

a long time ago i used to suffer with impulsive aggressive outbursts in public which used to cause me to get physically attacked off other men.....but over the years i gained control over the public outbursts....but still let my emotions rule me a lot to date...to the extent it clouds my thinking and i cannot think straight.

i'm a male in my early forties, anyone with any advice?

• martin
    Favorite Answer

Try to beware of circumstances that trigger your anger, and just avoid them all you can.

Receive Jesus Christ is all I can say. Man’s wrath comes of the devil. Not to preach, but anger is a serious problem.