I need serious help managing my social security disability benefits. What person could help me with this?

2 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

    it depends on your disability.  There are 'supported housing' programs for people with intellectual or psychiatric disabilities.  This can be as little as meeting with a support counselor monthly to help you  manage.

    SSA can assign you a payee who will pay your bills for you, but you lose control over the money.  A professional payee will take a small amount of your benefit as a fee.

    If you belong to a church, you can ask them for help.

    In my state, agencies like ARC will not provide assistance unless you have a developmental disability...you have to have a disability that agency covers.

    The CILs in my state leave a lot to be desired, they need help themselves due to poor cognitive skills.

  • martin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    Bankers are good at being careful with money. A friend or family member who appears very rational, calm, and without money problems, also may be someone to talk with. Avoid irrational spending and vices like gambling, drinking, and drugs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.