Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 months ago

Is Alex Vindman a patriot or traitor?

Attachment image

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Rumour has it (hearsay, I know) that Leonid Vindman, Alex's older brother, is a bit of a wheeler-dealer in the arms industry.

I don't suppose he could be trying to hide any corruption in Ukraine that makes his elder brother's work possible?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

Neither, but he appears to have lied under oath. https://www.westernjournal.com/lt-col-vindman-appe...

• Lili
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Treason is defined as betraying your country to an enemy or attempting to overthrow the government in order to replace it with a different form of government of your own choosing (and often with yourself at the head)  The President, no matter what he might think, is not synonymous with the country or the entire government.  The latter comprises far more than the president, and even presidents can commit treason.

Lieutenant Colonel Vindman hasn't betrayed the US to any enemy. Neither has anyone else whom Trump has accused of being a traitor. He has also not attempted to overthrow the government. Far from it. He has instead participated in a lawful governmental proceeding, an investigation, permitted by the Constitution of the United States.   

• J2 weeks agoReport

you don't know that. He is doing an end run around The President and trying to make foreign policy. That's not his job.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Wow.  Well at least the Trump cult's vitriol toward the military is out in the open.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Perhaps his personal background makes him pre-disposed to see things from a perspective that is not helpful in his current job.  

I know that if I were to immigrate to another country, I could be a loyal citizen there, but I would not see things concerning the US with the same perspective as someone who has lived in say, France, for their entire life.

At times that perspective could be helpful.  At other times, it might not.

It still boils down to his OPINION about something, that does not seem to have been correct when you look at the timelines and facts involved.  Of course, that does not change his opinion.  But, an officer, a Lt. Colonel, should be able to separate opinion from fact.  It appears that he could not.

In the same way, nothing on the Schiff Show is changing anyone's opinion.

• Lili
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

Vindman came here at the age of 3. It is unlikely he has any memory of living in Ukraine.

• Mimi
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

He's Elaine's boyfriend Maestro who insists on being called Maestro. In this case, it's whatever the fvk his rank is. He's arrogant, but not a traitor. He's a younger McCain..pompous. 

• Lili
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

Isn't it interesting that Republicans never had any problem with Oliver North testifying in full Marine uniform, which serving members of the military are SUPPOSED to wear on any normal and certainly any formal occasion like this one, or with addressing him by his rank?

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Vindman is the type of officer that was promoted during Obama's 8 years of treason. We may never know the full extent of the damage Obama did to our country and it's institutions, including the military.

• 3 months ago

Marco dias my boyfriend

• 3 months ago

In high school we used to rough up people who challenged authority

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.