Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 3 weeks ago

Does anybody have any advice how to get out of bed?

I suffer from depression, and I need to wash up, eat, do my laundry, and take my medications. It’s so hard. Can anyone help me? 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Sam
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Put your medication next to your bed and take that first, as soon as you wake up.  Then if you are on the right medication, you'll find it easier to get out of bed and do my laundry. 

• Sam
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Did I say, "my laundry"  I meant, "your laundry"   Doing my laundry was just  wishful thinking. 

• 3 weeks ago

First, shuffle over to the coffee machine and make some coffee.Drinking coffee will help you to wake up.

Give yourself time, and you will feel better after a while of sitting upright.

Get on a healthy diet and avoid too many sweets and junk food.It will help your energy level.You might have an abnormal cortisol curve making you tired in the morning.

Attachment image
  • 3 weeks ago

think about the good things in life

• 3 weeks ago

just do eeeeet!!!!!!!!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I have fibromyalgia. I first sit up straight in the position I am laying. Then after a few seconds. I swing my legs around, scoot to the edge and sit for a second.Put my feet on the floor first. Then stand up without a lot of drama.

• Linda
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

I have the same problem. Try not to do everything at once. Create a schedule with all the things you want to do and need to do and check off after you accomplish them. Reward yourself for completing your schedule weekly if you follow it at least 80 percent of the time.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I fight chronic pain & illness so depression is common with these. What motivates me to get up and out of bed is people & animals that depend on me. I have a dog and cats. My kids are now young adults but years before I had no choice but to get up no matter how horrible I felt, my kids needed me. So having something or someone that depends on you is important to keep you going and moving in life. Now that my kids are young adults I'm looking into fostering kittens because that will def. give me a reason to get up and move every few hours. Look into volunteering or something to keep you going.

• k w
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

take a shower first.......

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.