Can I use another box to ship at USPS?

This is my first time shipping a package at USPS. However, since they did not have the right sized boxes that I needed, I decided to use a box from my work (Starbucks). Will using another box be cheaper or more expensive? Will they allow it? How does it work?? Do I pay it by weight? And lastly, if they do allow it, do I need to buy a stamp as well or write "priority mail" on the box because I read something like that somewhere. 

It will not be cheaper. Shipping cost by weight and there are some restrictions one seize.

• drip

You pay by weight and size of the box and destination. Take it to the post office. They will put the correct postage  on it. They will put what mailing class you paid for on the box.

Make sure the box is free from all other addresses and bar codes. 

Put your return address and the address of where it is being shipped to. 

I mail from IL to CA.  It is cheaper for me to use a priority mail flat rate box than to use one of my own boxes. 

You can  ask at the postal worker if a flat rate box would be cheaper for you.  It depends on where you are mailing it to and the size/weight. 

Make sure to use mailing tape, not masking tape. 

You can use ANY suitable by size and sturdy enough for transportation. Up to you to provide a CLEAR label space for your destination address. YES you buy stamps. It is not a FREE service.

You pay by weight and the destination of the box.

The boxes USPS has give a special rate for the box you use.

Priority mail service is for Priority mail envelopes and boxes. It is a package deal.

Your box will go By whatever method you PAY for.

https://www.usps.com/ship/packages.htm

Yes, you can do that. I've done the same thing.

• MS

You can use another box.  That's no problem at all.  They will want you to cross out any bar codes or other similar markings so that they don't confuse their system.

Put your stuff in the box, tape it closed, and put the address on the top of it.  I usually tape a piece of paper with the address onto the top.  Then you take it into the post office.  The cost will be based on the weight, the destination, and the specific shipping service you choose.  They will put the postage on the box itself - no need to buy stamps.  They will mark it priority mail if that is the shipping service that you choose.