Ana asked in SportsWinter SportsIce Skating · 2 months ago

Can I reform my figure skates?

Stupidly, I bought used figure skates last year. Obviously they hurt because they’re not fitted to my feet. I could just sell them and buy new ones, but if I can, I’d want to try and make them work. Is there any way to form them to fit me better? Hairdryer? Anything????

You can molt your skates, but don't do it yourself, especially with a hairdryer. Go to a rink and get your skates molted. They melt it with a specific oven and then have you put it on, so it hardens around your foot. But DO NOT do this by yourself.

What kind of skates are they? If they are just inexpensive store skates then just get a new pair. If they are expensive true figure skates then try calling the pro shop and asking if they can heat mold them to adjust to your foot

The simplest way would be to undergo feet surgery in order to adapt the shape of your feet to these skates.

• Ana2 months agoReport

Just made an appointment with my podiatrist to get my feet reshaped. Thanks for the inspiration :)