Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 3 weeks ago

What cancers have you or your loved ones faced?

My Dad had prostate cancer.  He had surgery and is well now (it's been like 10 years).  I suppose since I'm almost 40, I'll need be regularly tested.  Cancer is awful.  It often times robs a family of a loved one...or it robs a person of his/her dignity.  What gives me comfort though is what the Bible tells us at Isaiah 33:24 - "And no resident will say:  "I am sick"...  God promises that one day, nobody on the Earth will be sick.

In the meantime, we have to endure pain, sickness, and death.  The link below contains some helpful articles for anyone dealing with this awful disease.  

• TedEx

I never had  cancer. However, I have so many friends, in-laws, and relative who have had cancer I wouldn't know where to start. But colon, breast   and rectal cancer are both quite common among them

• Math

Pancreatic cancer. My very close friend with whom I shared so many details died of Pancreatic cancer this September. 

He could not be a 5 years survivor. It's very sad loss

• Pippin

None for me or my immediate family.  Have lost more distant relatives to breast and lung cancer, and a benign brain tumor.  Have lost friends to lymphoma, leukemia, pancreatic cancer and breast cancer.  A friend was just diagnosed with an aggressive brain tumor.  I've also had friends survive most of these, and others.

• Edna

My son was diagnosed with colon cancer about 7 years ago when he was 50, and he was cured. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in the early 1990's when she was in her 80's, and she was cured. They are the only two people in my immediate family who have ever had cancer.

• lo_mcg

Testicular, stomach, cervical x2, breast, kidney.

Three died.

• y

I just recently had my 6 month checkup with my oncologist, and no. I do not have cancer, at least anything they have found. My blood has been telling them for almost a decade now, that something is off. Four years ago I was sent to as I called her, my blood doc. She greeted me with I can't believe you feel fine, I should have some sort of raging infection, should have a temp, I should not be feeling well. Said we can do the marrow thing now, or you can wait another 6 months and then we will have to do it if nothing changes.

I answered, put this out there, just in case anyone has ever heard of something similar.

• Sky

Lymphoma, breast, prostate, brain, lung, and bone.  Luckily I have never had any of these, but I would gladly have taken on those diseases to save the lives of my loved ones.

Bone cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer.

• .

Multiple myeloma