Why is letting a non vaccinated child into a classroom with vaccinated kids a danger to those kids?

There is no danger

• What do you think? Not every child is born healthy, some are born with serious health conditions and diseases would kill them not make them stronger, why would you be so ignorant to assume when every child gets a disease their immume system can fight it off? Not everyone or born that lucky. You better hope to god your child doesnt have a medical condition such as a heart condition and that they will be lucky enough to fight off these diseases without dying. If your child dies from a disease you will be to blame. I was born with a heart problem, if my parents hadnt of vaccinated me and another child in my class wasnt vaccinated  and id got measles id be dead, oh and no im not autistic. Then there's the effect on adults who have diseases such as leaukimia, mds and cancers ect. If you had a child or a relative with a supressed immune system you would understand

• Edna

What if the non-vaccinated child is infected with a disease and goes into a classroom where not every child in the room has been vaccinated. Sometimes, a child's immune system is so suppressed by an illness (cancer, perhaps) that he can't be vaccinated. That child's illness would put him at the risk of death if he contracted one of the "childhood illnesses" from an non-vaccinated child. 

Well if the non vaccinated child gets sick, that child will most likely get the other kids sick too.

The non-vaccinated kid could give the other kids a sub-clinical infection

that they spread to others who are vulnerable, even if they don't come

down with the illness themselves. The vaccinated kids could become carriers

(like typhoid Mary) due to an infection they got from the unvaccinated kids.

• Suzy Q

You know how I got our oldest to school when he just started? I took our youngest with us.

Kids don't exist in isolation. 

• Kelly

Not all kids have a strong immune system, even with the vaccination.  This is even true for the adults in the school.  Plus all of them may have kids at home who are too young to be vaccinated yet.

My SIL who went to the google school of medicine (meaning she has no medical training) likes to argue vaccinations with my husband, who is a Physician.  He actually graduated from medical school and has a lot of knowledge in areas of medicine including vaccinations.  He can name what is in the vaccinations, so your doctor not knowing what is in them is some straight up BS..  for any doctor who can't they shouldn't be licensed.

My brothers kids aren't vaccinated...  they're sick a lot.  My kids are vaccinated, they get the normal germs from school but overall are all in good health.

My sister in law missed 0 days of school for bouts with polio, measles and mumps because she was vaccinated herself as the state required it.

If my kids school didn't require they be vaccinated - they still would be.

Here's another question I have to anti vaxxers who are pet owners..  why are you UTD on shots with your dog, but not your child?  w t f?  My SIL above always makes sure her dog gets the shots she needs.

• y

Viruses mutate, bacteria mutate, this is a known, as well as many of the rates of mutation. The more people that get whatever illness, the more whatever is out there, the more mutations occur. The more mutations, the greater odds of a vaccine resistant strain. When, not if, a vaccine resistant strain pops up, there will be an epidemic. The CDC has an entire division running these scenarios in the hopes that they will be able to identify problematic strains that much faster.

There is also the piece that vaccinations are not 100% effective. So even a vaccinated child, could potentially get sick.

One the other hand, vaccinated people still do get these viruses and such, just their bodies instantly attack and keeps it down, so they don't get sick. But at those times, they are still carriers, can pass it along to that non-vaccinated kid.

There may, of course be children in the school who are too fragile to be vaccinated, and are not safe if a child carrying disease is present in the building. This assumes the parents are not concerned about their own child's health. Wherever the child is taken in the community, it is in danger of infection.

I had all those diseases, except polio, as a child in another country. No vaccines then. It's hard for a mother to keep a job if she takes at least a month off every year to nurse sick children.

• Suzy Q
      2 weeks agoReport

You do know that is the point of vaccinations, right, Mick? To give you a well trained strong immune system. 

It's all fear mongering. I, with many others are not against the idea of vaccination. Most anti vaxxers (mostly christian but also atheists and etc) are against what they put in our vaccines. You should not let everything be put in your body and absolutly no neurotoxins.

Most people donnot want to read the vaccine label. They believe the government is santa claus and as holy as Jesus but let me tell you, nothing is free. Desease is a buisness these daysSadly the media makes everyone go hysterical about those that refuse vaccination. They controll the masses and the masses are just stupid

• Brian

Vaccines don't always take, and you have some kids that LEGITIMATELY cannot be vaccinated.

• Brian
      2 weeks agoReport

"There is no danger."  Where did you get your medical degree from...Trump University?