Small cast or large cast on Daytime Soap Opreas?

In your opinion how many main characters should be in daytime soap opreas?  Do you think with fewer main charcters that it would speed up the storylines? Explain why or why not.

• 1 week ago

DEPENDS ON THE LENGTH OF THE SHOW...WITH DAYS THEY HAVE MORE PEOPLE THAN B&B DOES...I LIKE BOTH BUT DAYS IS SO MESSED UP RIGHT NOW...IT IS TOO CONFUSING...UGH

• night

I think the shows with larger casts are more interesting since characters can have several types of relationships at the same time. It reminds me of growing up in a small town where everyone knew everyone else's business and most people were related one way or another. 

Many people in our town liked the fact that most women watched soap operas because it gave them something to gossip about without creating problems in the community. 

• Jojo

The reason for a large cast is so there  are 3-4 story lines going at the same time, and this keeps viewers interested for longer than if just one story line was over and done with in 2-3 episodes. 

Thats what `soaps`are all about. 

Some story lines DO seem to go on and on for too long, buts its all done to keep us guessing and viewing. 

I think it would be boring to have just 2-3 characters and the story or plot solved and over with in just a week. JMO.

Source(s): (UK)