Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 3 weeks ago

Where are the subcategories?

How do you find the subcategories on yahoo answers now? I see the main ones like “society and culture”, but I don’t see the ones under that which specifically relates to culture, etc.

Go to the category you're interested and scroll down until you find one in the subcategory you're interested in. Click on that subcategory beneath the question. Not very user friendly, but it will get you to the questions in that subcategory.

The categories and subcategories are still here.  Nothing has changed.  It may be with the device you are using.   If you are using a smartphone make sure it is on desktop mode.  If you are using a computer do it on Chrome and not Internet Explorer.  If using a cell phone throw it away.    Those things are outdated and useless.  

On mobile platforms on NON smart cellphones, the only way I've found is to tap the category, then scroll through the questions until you find a question in the subcategory you want, then tap the subcategory, I have my settings set on extended question descriptions, so I see more than the question header. The phone and browser are in desktop MODE, but not in desktop VIEW. I don't have a right or left column. To get the left column, I talked the Menu icon in the upper left corner. 

This is the only method Ive found. After more than 2 months, since September 16, This now seems normal to me, but its still pretty annoying to scroll through over hundred Mathematics, chemistry and physics questions looking for an Astronomy & Space or Earth Sciences & Geology question, then it's a silly question or statement. Or endless "Can I get into xxxxxis university with this GPA and SAT score," and it is a weighted GPA. I usually don't answer those questions or "Is xxxxxx a good college?". 

We do NOT all see the same display. 

• Daniel

You have to Click on the Main Category first and then on the Next Page it will show you the Subcategory's for It

EX if im Looking for Facebook I would click on Computers &Internet

Then on the Top I would Click on Facebook

• .

The are right where they've always been, for desktop users. You didn't mention what type of device you're using or what browser. If you're using a mobile device, make sure it's in desktop mode and that you have the latest version of your browser (not Internet Explorer, as it's not supported by Yahoo).