What is this white stuff floating at the top of the Kool-Aid I just made?

So like almost a week ago, I washed the dishes with bleach. And I rinsed them off then I washed them again, trying to get the excess bleach off of the pitcher. Then I made the Kool-Aid. (Couple of days later) I started noticing this stuff at the top of the pitcher. And then I tasted it, and it tastes disgusting.. Then I tried again making the Kool-Aid. Same thing. If you have any solution to this, please let me know..

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

    Avoid using bleach to clean your dishes. You only need dawn dish soap i get it you want your dishes to be clean but using bleach on them is kind of extreme.

  • 3 weeks ago

    first of all, when you use bleach to disinfect, you need not much more than a teaspoon or 2 in a gallon of water. Read the back of the jug.

    Second, once bleach dries, it becomes inert and completely safe.

    Your crap Kool-aid has nothing to do with bleach.

    It sounds to me like your kol-aid powder didn't dissolve all the way.Next time you make it, put a small amount of hot water in the bottom of the pitcher, add the powder and stir. the hot water will help it dissolve better. then add the cold water and ice and you are good to go.

    FYI sometimes, if you are adding ice, the white stuff is actually from the ice and from water deposits in the ice cube tray.

  • 3 weeks ago

    Why are you washing your dishes with bleach?

  • audrey
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

    Unless some one in your household has a communicable fatal disease, you do not need to wash dishes in bleach. Was the pitcher plastic? If it was, toss it. It's coming apart.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

    One, you should really NEVER wash dishes w/ bleach, you eat of them you know and bleach can kill you is you ingest it.  If you rinsed well I am really not sure what it would be except maybe mold, or perhaps a bit residue from the bleach.  Soak them in warm water for a while, to get the remainder off.

    • ckngbbbls
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

      Household bleach is in your drinking water and always has been if you are a city dweller. In the right proportions and conditions, bleach is no more dangerous than any other sanitize. Bleach doesn't leave a rsidue and is completely safe once it dries as it becomes inert.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.