Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 weeks ago

To atheists, how do you know or test that you are rejecting actual Christianity, and not rejecting someone's false interpretation?

Just about every Christian I converse with tells me that I carry too much baggage from false teachers, and the Christian God is independent of crazy stuff like creationism, predestination etc.. and they are just man made ideas not from God

• Git

All interpretations of Christianity have one thing in common: there is a creator god. That by itself is being rejected by atheists. So it does not matter which interpretation is being rejected.

• Cowboy

all religions are false.

How do you know or test that you are rejecting actual Zeus, or actual Odin, and not rejecting someone's false interpretation?

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”-Stephen Roberts

Not for me to justify my non-belief in your myths - it's for you to prove they are right. Stop shifting the burden of proof.

• Juli

Yeah, I've been told that too.

The fact is, it's all batshit crazy.

The bible is the result of mad men.

Nobody gives 1-flying f~ck. 

Atheists are fully aware that 

Existence does not need 'religious' interpretation. 

False interpretation + Rejection = Religion 

No harm ... no foul. 

Jesus prayed in John 17 that all his followers would be 'as one' so that the world would know that he was sent by God. Why would God allow all these man made ideas to discredit him?

• Caesar

Curiously the Abrahamic god that Christians worships got other religions that are not Christianity...and even Christians got many branches and hundreds of denominations... just to show how real and correct interpretations theist can do.

So we must admit that religions are a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality and the very idea of gods is a product of the human imagination. 

The same way you test to see who is a witch - Throw them in a pool and if the sink they're a witch .

Throw a Christian into a pool and if they don't get spirit baptized and start speaking in strange tongues and sound like an African being chased by an Elephant they're fake christians 

• Don't forget,  if they survive the drowing, they're expected to promptly come ashore so they can be burned alive....

• Jea

Have you ever studied christianity?

The entire thing is absurd and dishonest.

There is no other 'interpretation', just read their rhetoric, then you'd know.