Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 3 weeks ago

If you were president, what would you do to help prevent weekly mass shootings in the United States?

32 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

SINCE MASS SHOOTING USUALLY HAPPEN AT PLACES WHERE NO ONE IS ARMED, I WOULD HAVE PEOPLE TRAINED AND ARMED AT THOSE LOCATIONS

• 3 weeks ago

Tell the cities, counties, etc. to HIRE MORE COPS, Give every AMERICAN CITIZEN a gun and make them have mandatory classes starting when they are 14 years old in school to help defend themselves against the MENTALLY ILL WHO WE CANNOT LOCK UP ANYMORE. 

Teach more useful things in school which actually HELP PEOPLE instead of so much focus on things which doesn't matter, teach self respect, respect for others, taking responsibility etc... 

ITS NOT THE PRESIDENTS JOB,, ITS THE COPS JOB... 

MAKE IT A LAW that ANYONE... thats ANYONE WHO IS ON ANY KIND OF DRUG FOR MENTAL TREATMENT BE ON A NO BUY LIST, 

IMMEDIATELY DEPORT ANY ALIEN ( NOT JUST ILLEGAL ONES but ONES who also got their citizenship) WHO USES A GUN in a crime.. AFTER MANDATORY PRISON TIME BACK TO WHATEVER COUNTRY THEY COME FROM. 

Make it legal for anyone who can legally buy a gun to carry it even if concealed.

People who say BAN ASSAULT RIFLES... Most have NO IDEA EXACTLY WHAT A ASSAULT RIFLE IS...  They hear the term so much they think they do... 

HOW ABOUT THIS... BAN ASSAULT KNIVES... BAN ASSAULT BASEBALL BATS, BAN ASSAULT CARS.. More people are killed by cars than guns... oH BAN ALL ALCOHOL BEVERAGES... 

• 3 weeks ago

Ban assault rifles, and repeal all stand your ground laws and all nonsensical gun laws and all this open conceal carry nonsense.  I pretty much would say yes you can have a gun, in your home to protect it.....period end of story.

• Anon2 weeks agoReport

a True A/R (NOT an: "AR 15") Is already Highly  Restricted in US/ Only a few states allow them AND no one murdered by a Legal A.R.

• 3 weeks ago

Authorize everybody with a clean record to carry weapons.  Nobody will walk into a facility & start shooting if they think the guy behind them might have a 9mm weapon that could blow them away.

• out2lunch4now2
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

"everybody" should not be allowed to carry or even own a firearm.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Tell the MSM to stop showing round the clock footage, as they have already been advised by psychologists, as it inevitable spawns a copycat. 

• 3 weeks ago

There is nothing you can do to prevent mass shootings because you have no control over the person who is about to end lives. All you can do is hire protection, e.g, more security in schools, buildings, etc. But like I said you cannot prevent it from happening.  

• out2lunch4now2
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

me, tell us how you can stop someone from doing something if you don't know they're planning to do it.

• 3 weeks ago

Nothing. Unfortunately, there is no tipping point on this one. Both sides of the debate---Republicans, Democrats, Conservatives, Liberal etc--- are parents and Grandparents who love their own kids and kids in general.  So, if small kids getting killed in a mass shooting couldn't incite action.....nothing will. 

I have always wondered whether gun advocates really thought the government was going to attempt to take their guns?  Assuming for a moment they did....which they don't....could they logistically do it?  It's not possible.....

So, the cycle will continue.....   

• out2lunch4now2
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

For the record, this Constitutional Conservative is NOT a parent and I really don't see any reason to care about YOUR kids.

• 3 weeks ago

Find out why and then figure out what can be done.

• 3 weeks ago

There is nothing the President can do to prevent them when the liberal culture is doing so much to devalue human life. When people are told that it's OK to kill a million unborn babies every year it's not surprising that some will think it's OK for them to kill others.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Offer up my thoughts and prayers to the relatives of the victim, of course.   That has been a remarkably successful strategy, hasn't it?

All sarcasm aside, I would not let the US government be the NRA's b/tch.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.