Bugs asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 2 weeks ago

Why is Japan and it’s culture so popular ?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Bob
    Lv 4
    2 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Because of Hello Kitty. Nobody had heard of Japan before Hello Kitty and then she came along and boom! with the brightness of a thousand anime suns, suddenly there was Japan and everyone went wide eyed and stared and said wooooah, dude! and suddenly there were millions of Japanese transistor radios on the market, which killed the US transistor market almost overnight and then they did the same thing with the auto industry and everyone said whaaaaat?? and then Japan said no wait and introduced Totoro and everyone said wooooah dude! again except for people in Detroit because they were still p-‘d off about the auto industry thing and then Japan said dude you ain’t seen anything yet and suddenly threw Pokeballs in all directions at which point the entire global population between the ages of 11 and 16 went out and dyed their hair blue and that basically was how it all happened. Hello Kitty.

• D
      Lv 7
      2 days agoReport

nobody heard of Japan before hello kitty? are you an idiot? never been to third grade geology class? lmao

• 8 hours ago

because they have one of the world's best cultures, and creations and entertainment, I would love to go to Japan someday, btw I'm 1/4th Japanese myself :)

• Anonymous
    2 days ago

no freaking clue. it's ridiculous. and it's really annoying because my friend is obsessed with it. so annoying!

• Quinn
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

There is no one answer to this question because everyone who are interested in Japan and Japanese culture have their own reasons. And when you say Japan or its culture you are also using a very broad all encompassing term because which part of Japan and what aspect of their culture are you referring to. Japan is as vary as the New England states in the US is as that of the western states and all points in between. There are differences in speech such as regional dialects and customs.

Perhaps, this is what fascinates people from other countries. Or it could be that on the surface Japan seems to have achieved what many developed countries have failed: a balance between the old/traditional with the new/modern. The Japanese have preserved their past while being every bit the 21st century modern society. Look around the world today and ask yourself which developed first world country have been equally successful in achieving this.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

There are many reasons of that. I guess main reasons are animation and good food.

I'm really proud of Japanese food. If you never have it, I want you to try something.

• 2 weeks ago

For the most part , it's recently become a " fad " ...it won't last ...

Many of these people couldn't find Japan on a map ...

Then there's the anime / video game people ...

• 2 weeks ago

Many people around the world grew up watching anime (Japanese animated cartoon.) where they were exposed to Japanese cultures. Japanese videogames were also very popular in the 80s and 90s in which they often featured Japanese cultures like karate and ninja. As the result, many people are familiar with Japanese cultures and have developed sentimental feel towards Japan. Japan is perceived as part of their childhood.

Japanese products are also known to be dependable, such as their cars. This has created an impression that Japan is an advanced country that's worth to be learned from. 

• 2 weeks ago

because most of it is fun and campy 

• 2 weeks ago

They are very strange due to the isolationist culture they maintained up until the past 150 years or so. This has resulted in uniqueness that seems to fascinate many people from other cultures.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

I don't understand what "it is culture" means

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.