Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 weeks ago

Both my dogs have cancer... should I leave them in the woods?

Vet wants $300 to put them both down but I don't have the money. Friend suggested I drop them off in the forest and let nature run its course. I don't want to since I got them when they were a month old and now are 14 but still they're not gonna live long anyway.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer
  • 2 weeks ago

Shut up, troll.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

What a cruel thing to even think about doing to pets that have been your companions for 14 years. They won't understand why you've abandoned them and will die a slow and painful death. Call other vets and explain your situation. An animal shelter may also be able to help you or refer you to a resource that can. As a last resort, it would be better to shoot them rather than abandoning them.

• 2 weeks ago

Lonely Troll who thinks he's funny... sad

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

You have some calous 'friend'!

• 2 weeks ago

I think, and hope, you are trolling because if these dear old dogs are now both suffering with cancer and have given you the best years of their lives, surely you can find the means to end their suffering with dignity.   And that means at the hands of a vet, with you RIGHT THERE not being left in a forest to die, perhaps being torn apart by some wild animals.

• Jack H
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

He claims to have raised them since they were one month old...

• audrey
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Your friend is an a--hole. If you do that, you will hate yourself forever. See if you can't work out a payment plan with your vet. Otherwise, do as the other user suggested and contact a local dog shelter.

• 2 weeks ago

don’t do what your friend suggested, that’s just evil.

• Satan
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

If this is a genuine question, then its a sad one.

Since you can't afford this, take them to a dog shelter instead and explain the situation

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.