Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 4 weeks ago

What do you make of the Tories dystopian fake news “fact checking” service?

The Conservatives have been accused of misleading the public after they rebranded their official Twitter account as “factcheckUK” during the televised leaders’ debate and used it to publish anti-Labour posts.

The public have increasingly turned to factchecking websites, such as the independent Full Fact, the BBC’s Reality Check, Channel 4 News’ FactCheck and the Guardian’s Factcheck, to verify claims made by politicians.

During Tuesday night’s debate between Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn, the Conservative party renamed their main media account as “factcheckUK”, changed its logo to hide its political origins, and used it to push pro-Conservative material to the public.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/19/t...

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Dominic Raab says that no one cares, which either shows how morally bankrupt Tory voters are or at least that he thinks they are.

Presumably they also don’t care that Johnson gave his alleged mistress, Jennifer Arcuri, hand outs from tax payers money or that he is a congenital liar. For example, about how many new hospitals have been built and how many police officers he is now going to replace. There are so many lies and half truths flying around, but apparently no one cares.

Unbelievable. Literally.

• Prince
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Stop debating the Tories. It is about equally as effective as debating Vogons. There is really only one thing to be done with either. 

• Chris
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

What I make of it is that it is way past time to get a guillotine set up in Piccadilly and start scraping ten ugly pounds of fat off the necks of Tories. 

• 4 weeks ago

it was a bit daft, but it served a purpose didnt it, it shows up the deceit of the labour party

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

personally, i'm extremely wary of any media organisation such as beeb promoting factchecking on their site as far too much of their content is dictated by the interviewers and promotion of their own archives/content as well as getting involved in anything they want to show on tv.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Left-wing nonsense.

• 4 weeks ago

They must be fined for this attempt to make out that the criticism of labours plans are fact  and they are rotten and corrupt .

they come on tv and defend this disgraceful changing their twitter account to factcheck UK account .

God help us if they do win a huge majority and labour are wiped out  and this proves you just cannot trust the conservatives with our NHS .

so the private sector are going to get 40 new hospitals we have paid for  and even 40 new hospitals needs to be taken with a pinch of salt  and lets celebrate when we have 40 new hospitals  and we had a new hospital but the beds were cut .

so  the conservatives can build these first 6 hospitals then say  we will build more if we win the next general election  so bribing us  with new hospitals every general election with us saying oh we have six new hospitals so I am voting conservative at the general election.

• 4 weeks ago

The Tories have had a long history fake news... just look at their news papers... the evil five:

The Daily Telegraph, The Daily Mail, The Daily Express, The Sun and The Star.

There is fake news, there is lying fake news... and then there is the evil five.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It was so naughty. I'll put it on my list of reasons why Labour lost the election.

• 4 weeks ago

They should be investigated and fined by the electoral commission.  Dirty tricky tory scum

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.