Is it rude to cancel a booked appointment with a tattoo artist to go with another artist at the same shop?

So i'm booked in to get my first tattoo in 10 days with an artist the shop recommended when i visited, I was happy with the artist they gave me and was going to go through with it, however one person i spoke to who is experienced in getting inked told me about another artist at the same shop and i had a look at his portfolio and am very impressed and would feel more comfortable getting tattoo'ed with him.

I'm just wondering if it would be rude of me to ring up just over a week before my tattoo and say i want to go with (x) artist instead? Would the shop find that annoying and would it possibly annoy the artist i am canceling on?

I am not going to say that your original tattoo artist won't be disappointed that you changed to another artist (because most of the time, artists are paid individually), but you are certainly not doing anything wrong. This tattoo is something that you are going to have on your body for presumably the rest of your life, so you have every right to be very particular about the artist that you want, and if the shop is a good shop they will totally understand and respect that.  

Now, one additional thing that I do want to throw out there is that if you are changing to another artist, you will likely have to do a separate consultation with that artist about the design you want, because every artist is different and they will need to get an idea of what you want just like the other guy did. Your appointment time and date may also change, because artists have different schedules and the new artist may not be able to see you at the same time you were put down for the other artist. So just be prepared for that!

No. It is your money. But don't get tattoos.

No it is not rude, you are still giving the business money for their services. You are doing nothing wrong and they can't complain