Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 2 weeks ago

Any recommendations for a good phone app to help a senior remember events through the day?

My Uncle is frustrated that he's letting minor activities slip past him.  Like he'll just forget to brush his teeth in the morning, or to check the mail in the evening.  He's good with his smart phone, so I was hoping I might get recommendations for an easy to follow app that can offer him reminders about his daily habits.

I know there's many out there, but I'd prefer some insight from people who have hands on experience.  Thank you very much!

• Cogito
    Favorite Answer

You can set a daily alarm to sound as many times during a day as you wish.

For example, you could set it to remind him to check the mail every evening at 7pm, or to brush his teeth every morning at 9am.

• Sam
      2 weeks agoReport

you are correct, there are already notifications alerts on smartphone calendars.

• P.L.

I have a blackboard and a box of white chalk in my kitchen and each time I remember one thing that needs to be on my shopping list or my 'to do' list I write it on the board.  Later in the day I transfer the shopping items to a paper list and place it in my purse and the others I will wipe off the board, if I have done the task, or leave them there to remind me they are still to be done.  It might not be everyone's great solution but does help me a lot.

I find yellow sticky notes help. I can never remember to check the phone

I'd not rely on 'modern' things like a smart phone to help him - far better would be, I think, to use posties on the 'fridge.  He may not always be able to react to a smart phone..... sadly.   If he's that bad, he may be heading towards needing a carer, at least part time to come in and get him up (bathroom) and go to bed?