Accidentally backed into someone this morning at 3 a.m. what do I do?

The person was parked in a driveway that has no parking spot and I backed into him and put a dent in his fender and I had to leave to work and I do not know what apartment the person lives in so I don't know whether I should tell my landlord or just let it go and see if the guy notices which he probably will notice it but I'm not going to go knocking on people's doors in the middle of the night trying to find out where he lives

Everything is fine I already talked to the guy he said he's not really worried about it he told me he had nowhere else to park and I also told him that's not a parking spot

Leave a note on his car with your name, your apartment number, and your phone number.

Where you drunk or drugged out of your mind?  How did you back into something when you should have seen it getting into your car>

Yes whatever idiot said it is not hit and run you were trying to get to work is just that an idiot.  

You leave a note next time and offer to address it later.   

You could be charged with a hit and run if they really want to cause you trouble.  

Not really sure about the downvote, the answer is still accurate.  My suggestion, when you get home today...leave a note.  Or, the next time you see the car.  

If the damage isnt very severe and they arent planning on doing anything anyway, they will really appreciate it (these are people who are your neighbors, good to be on good relations).  If the damage is bad enough, you pay for it like you should.  If they need to go to the cops...you could end up getting charged with leaving the scene of an accident (if only property damage, not nearly as bad as a hit-and-run with bodily injury).  

you should stop driving, anyone competent to drive knows you just leave a note on the windshield.

• Joseph3 weeks agoReport

No I'm not going to stop driving just because I accidentally bumped into someone's rear end

• edward

Someone parked behind my car once...i called a tow truck. A little dent probably won’t cost as much considering you need to call a taxi to drive you to the towing truck place and then pay to get you car. You are supposed to leave a note but he’s not supposed to park there. If you have security camera footage get it and keep it safe. If they charge you with a hit and run...it wasn’t. Just someone trying to get to work with someone parked in my driveway

You were supposed to write down your contact information and leave it on the car.

If you were caught on security camera, you could be charged with hit and run which will show up on every job and rental background check for the rest of your life. 

I suggest you go put a note on the car when you go home.  Better to do the right thing late than never. 

• LILL

You commited a crime (leaving the scene of an accident) by not leaving your name/number on the car or reporting the accident to the police.  You have no idea if there was someone who witnessed the accident or if there were cameras in the area.  

• Joseph3 weeks agoReport

This was 3 a.m. in the morning and I was the only one outside there was no one else around and I already talked to the guy he said it's fine it's not going to hurt the cars drive ability that's what he told me

The decent thing to do would have been to leave a note on his car to let him know what happened and leave your contact details.

• Joseph3 weeks agoReport

****! I I didn't even think of doing that

They parked in a no-parking space, karma for them. Leave it lol

• VAA

You leave your insurance info and name/phone number on a note and put it under their windshield.  It is a hit and run if you don't...be honest and take care of business, you would want the same wouldn't you?