Can Yuna be a boys name?

I know a lot of websites mention it can be unisex and I know at least one character in media whose name is Yuna and who is a boy, that being Yuna from Card Captor Sakura. I don’t know is this a normal thing?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Naomi
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

It can be. In Japan, I believe Yuna is a unisex name.

• 3 weeks ago

Yes, Yuna is a unisex given name in Chinese, Malaysian, Japanese, Korean, Breton and Brazilian Portuguese. Names shouldn't even have a gender, anyone should be able to be named whatever sounds and feels right

• ron h
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I don't know that name, but WHY would you give a son a name that's not clearly a man's name.  (don't assume that he'll want to wear a dress)

• 3 weeks ago

If you like the name then go for it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Yuna is more commonly a girl's name.

• 3 weeks ago

Sure, if you want him to be a limp wristed nancy boy.

• PR
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I don't know if this  could be a male name, or not, but it isn't a great idea to name a human by a card name. You could name a dog or a cat this name, but a human child needs something that isn't quite so "out there". You can use this, but be sure you aren't setting your child up for ridicule or just being so "different" in his every day life.

• 3 weeks ago

If you want your child to be bullied, then sure go ahead. Most people know Yuna from Final Fantasy 10. Please consider another name, as this choice is the equivalent of paying your son's bullies money in order to bully him on your behalf.

• Tomalochk
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

I doubt she wants her pretend child to be bullied .... she probably will come up with something else for the fake baby. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.