me asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 weeks ago

So What happened to the Patriotic Republican party of Dwight Eisenhower and even Ronald Reagan?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

What happened to the American flag waving Democratic kkk marching a rally of thousands in D.C?

Then they stole the confederate flag instead.

Now they use no American flag and find it offensive.

During both Bush's you saw lots of American flags. 

When Romney campaigned, you saw flags again, but people took them all down when Obama got re-elected. 

• Kid Mohawk
      Lv 5
      3 weeks agoReport

I enjoy that you believe waving a flag = patriotism.  That ranks right up there with your beloved Orange leader claiming that he's a Christian because he's heard of the Bible.

• 3 weeks ago

The politicians grew a lot smaller 

• 3 weeks ago

I see it as an after-effect of the Reagan Revolution.  It really started with Newt Gingrich.  He was the Republican leader who invented the strategy of total never-ending opposition to Democrats.  Never compromise, never cooperate, just oppose anything they want or say or do.

Since then, when we've had a Democratic president, Republicans in Congress would paralyze Congress, make sure nothing gets to the president to sign.  (And then, of course, they call him a 'do-nothing president').

Meanwhile the tone has gotten louder and more stringent.  Republican voters are more and more angry about what they're promised but they can't have.  Fringe groups are no longer fringe groups, instead they LEAD.  And it all leads to a president like Trump, whose biggest ability is lying, who promises everything to everybody but can't deliver anything to anybody.

• Kid Mohawk
      Lv 5
      3 weeks agoReport

Sorry Mokrie, I appreciate your response, but I cannot take the website seriously when 5 of the ads in the article were paid for by MAGA campaign.  It creates a pretty heavy feeling of bias if a pro-Trump website is being sponsored by Trump's election campaign.

• 3 weeks ago

They're still patriotic, but only for Israel.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

A history lesson for you- "Make America Great Again" was a slogan used by Reagan. Bet you didn't know that.

• 3 weeks ago

You think it is more patriotic to support a deep state coup than the duly elected President?

• Kid Mohawk
      Lv 5
      3 weeks agoReport

It's amazing how Republicans keep bringing up such an idea, while ignoring that Reagan literally wanted to create a deep state government that wouldn't rely on federal funding.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It's still patriotic and even more so then back then.

• mokrie
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Just cause your mom wore a dumb t shirt don't think we are all like her.

• 3 weeks ago

Reagan was a parrot, not a patriot.  For as much as I think Trump sucks as a president, I'd still put him leaps ahead of Reagan who completely sold out our nation to the banks and ran the single most corrupt office in US history.

• Kid Mohawk
      Lv 5
      3 weeks agoReport

I'll take it you're not old enough to have been alive while Reagan was in office, and not competent enough to read a goddamn history book.

• 3 weeks ago

Ancient history

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.