I accidentally spilled coffee on my Mac.?

I was drinking coffee and studying for a test and my cat launched where I was at and it spilled most of the drink on to my laptop. 

I reacted very quickly I flipped it upside down almost immediately and let it drain.

I saw most review to leave off for 48hrs and I have.  I went to charge it and it’s charging. The charging port light is orange meaning it doesn’t have enough battery charge 

But it doesn’t turn on what should I do??

21 Answers

Relevance
  • CD
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

Sorry to say, but you need to sound taps for it, and buy a new one.

• 2 weeks ago

When I spilled coffee on my laptop, I followed the steps that are indicated in this article - http://bit.ly/2KEk9dd

• 2 weeks ago

Take it to a technician and ask for his advice. We did manage to dry one out once but that had only got wet when rained though window. You may had shorted it out with trying yo switch on, or with it being already switched on.

• 2 weeks ago

Yea,,been there,,done that. Most of the coffee dumped out, maybe let sit on a warmer shelf overnight. If keys get stuck you need to remove the cap and clean with a damp Q-tip.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Follow it up with sugar.

You should bring it to Apple's service center. Tell them what happened and listen carefully to what the technicians will say about it.

• VP
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Should have pulled the battery, too.  

• 2 weeks ago

I fixed my desktop before by sun drying the motherboard and everything inside. Didn't even need to wait a few days.

• 2 weeks ago

Draining it is a good start. Remove the battery and put the machine, opened out and face down somewhere dry and warm for a few days.  However, the liquid isn't the main problem, it's the sticky deposits the coffee will have left behind.  This may require the attention of a pro to thoroughly clean it.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

I’m so so sorry 😥let’s try a hair blow dryer or something to dry it. Hopefully it will be ok soon 🤞

• 2 weeks ago

That is not a good sign.

You don't "let it drain". Have you ever thought of DRYING your laptop? Discharge the battery.....

• mel2 weeks agoReport

Yes I did both dry and let it drain but 90% of the excess came out when I flipped it immediately. I dry it while it was upside down.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.