Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers Β· 4 weeks ago

Why is it that every time I post a legitimate question, nobody responds?

Whenever I post a joke question, everyone responds in a rude way. If I ask an actual question, nobody knows. Is everyone on here just bored and useless? Just waiting to roast another person?

• Favorite Answer

Don't listen to all these clowns.

You are right, most people here only seem to answer if they think you're only trying to get a rise out of them, then when you post a question about a specific thing or topic, you get hardly any answers because a lot of them don't know how to answer it... but then again, years ago there were planty more knowledgeable people here but most of them have now left because of how bad the site got. I am one of the very few helpful people left here.

• Thank you for choosing me as best answer. I bet all the clowns are turning green right now.Β 

• .

That depends on when you post, what subcategories you post in, how difficult to answer your 'serious' questions are, and how easy to point-game your "joke" questions are. Your 'joke' questions may be violations (unless you're sincerely asking a question about a joke), and 'rude answers' that don't attempt to answer the question that was asked, are also violations. The site currently has as many, if not more, point gamers and abusers than quality users who try to use the site as it was intended.Β 

.

Roasts are violations here. Yes, the site has a lot of 'bored' people on it, or at least they attempt to alleviate their boredom by coming here. I come here when my work day is slow, and I'd be super bored if I YA weren't around as a way to help pass the time.

• Daniel

This site is not a Place for Jokes that is why you have to be Serious on here and Ask a Legit Question

• SIR

Take a guess, kid. It's because the staff have ruined this site so horribly. Them adding this ugly new format was the last straw before many of the decent users left. That's why you can't get any good answers.

It could also be that you have posted in the wrong category, but if that's not the reason then...

That is because "kidding" questions are easier to answer and those that are "serious"; They are more difficult or time consuming.

• RR

You might get more answers if you weren't anonymous.