Will I be notified if my ex gets another drug charge?

So I live in New Jersey and I took him to court and was able to show proof that he was using heroin around our baby. Couple months and after IOP  it is now 50/50 custody but I know him so well to know when he’s using. It may be his prescription suboxone. IDK. And without proof I can’t just say he’s using. If he does end up involved with the police in another vehicle accident or drug procession or distribution or drug charge will I be notified??

Because of your ex's history it would seem reasonable to ask the court for an unannounced drug test. It seems unlikely that you would be contacted to inform you if he gets arrested again. Even if you are/were still married the person arrested is normally responsible to contact his/her spouse on being arrested.

No, you will not be notified.

• Maxi

The court should have required regular drug tests to ensure the child is safe and not around the person who is still using drugs............ the police will not inform you of any arrests they make

Call the Clerk for the Judge that issued the ruling in your case and ask if they can help you with being notified of any felony arrests on the part of your ex. 

• I would venture to say no, or most likely no.  If I had to guess, you'd have to get a court order that would require him to disclose any arrests or accidents during custody hearings.  It's highly unlikely that a system with the kind of chaos and backlogs that it has would just disclose information to you simply for the sake of your own benefit.  Justice is an active pursuit.